Almost 90% of bloggers use stock images while they start their blogging journey.
Is Google Adsense allow you to use copyright-free images on your website or will they reject your application when you apply?
I am going to cover the following points in this article:
- Why you should not use Stock images on your website.
- What else you can use instead of using photos directly from those websites.
Tip: If you are starting a new blog do get the best web hosting from Siteground currently @70% OFF.
Why you should not use Stock images on your website
Have you ever thought the picture you are uploading from the stock images website has been already uploaded by someone else?
They are using the same image on their websites without any copyright issues.
The actual means of copyright-free is no one can claim that this image is my and why are you using it on your website.
But what Google says is that the images, texts, videos, or whatever the content you are using should be 100% yours, not even a single line of content from other websites.
Most of the newbie blogger uses stock images from Pexels, Freepik, Unsplash, Pixabay and write a 100% unique and good standing article which google likes too but what happens is you get a rejection from Google Adsense. You know why? Because the image you are using on your post is probably already used on someone else website.
There are many ways to avoid this, I will cover those in later this post.😊
A few tips, before you apply to Google Adsense.
- Publish at least 20 posts.
- Make sure you schedule your posts on WordPress, avoid publishing immediately.
- Your post should be 100% unique, including images, content, videos.
- Frequency should be the same. For example, you can publish three posts per week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, do not miss a single day.
- You can check your content plagiarism using this Quetext. Other free testing sites do not provide accurate data. Sometimes they miss plagiarism, so my recommendation is to use Quetext only.
- Do not use WordPress privacy page content or any policy page content from others website. Try to create your own. Your Whole website should be 100% unique.
What else you can use instead of using photos directly from those websites
You can download the image from those websites, and then you can edit the image using photoshop or online tool Pixlr x. You can crop the edges or write your website text somewhere on the image, or you can give an overlay and write the title of your post or page over it.
Or the best method which I recommend to others and which I personally use is Canva.
Canva is a fantastic platform to edit images. It is free to use but also has paid plans. You will get the following features that will save your time and produce terrific work.
- You will get premade templates that you can use to change texts and images accordingly.
- The images you will get are copyrighted free, but still, you need to edit it and write your website name over it.
- You can create any dimension image. There are premade dimension templates, plus you can create your dimension template.
In this way, your image will be copyright-free plus you will not violate the Google Adsense policy. After publishing at least 14 posts in your blog, then you can apply for Adsense approval and if your content is 100% unique, you will be approved to use their ads on your blog.